Enrichment & Desorption Unit
Trap & Thermal Desorption for air analysis
The EDU is a completely automated enrichment and desorption instrument. This autonomous device is able to gather, desorb, inject and clean for multiple cycles automatically.
Through the adsorption process it is possible to concentrate organic compounds or a range of analytes by separating them from common interfering substances. Depending on the parameters of analysis and the target substances, it is possible to improve on detection limits to a certain extent.
An additional advantage for analysis with gas sensor instruments (like PEN) is that common interfering compounds and/or compounds with a neutral smell, like water, methane or ethanol, can be almost completely extracted from the sample.
Important features of the EDU
- Improvement on detection limits
- Improvement of selectivity
- Automated cycle from enrichment to desorption
- Simple change of adsorbent tubes
- Programmable and independent operation
- Possibility to connect to different detectors